Monday, June 23, 2008

Just starting- I hope I can keep this up!

Okay, since my life has always been all over the place and is about to get a whole lot more, I thought I'd give this a go. I have met so many people in my life I wish I had stayed in touch with or wondered what they were up to and I'm pretty sure this is going to be easier for me to keep others updated (along with facebook, which I freakin' love!) on the happenings in my own life.

Jay left for Korea at the beginning of the month and it was so much harder to see him go this time than it was before. I know we only have 4 more months of this remote tour thing, but this time I knew what to expect while he's away and I'm not digging the single-mother thing. Oh well, it's the life I chose, I knew what I was getting myself into so there's no use complaining about things I can't change.

But we finally know where we are moving to next, we just don't know exactly when yet.... are you ready for this?....Hohenfels, Germany! 2 years in Europe after 3 great years in Utah, I must have been good in a past life (cuz we all know I haven't been so good in this one), but now I have to knock on wood 3 times so I don't jinx it, ensha'ala, ma'asha'ala, elhumdilyla! I'm a little weary of what Jay's job is going to be, it's an ALO tour (Army Liason Officer, you know how the military has an acronym for EVERYTHING) so he's not flying and I have no idea what he'll be doing with the Army. It's a training base, though, so I'm pretty hopeful there won't be any deployments with the Army (I didn't sign up to be a deployed Army wife) and Jay is thinking his chances of getting back into the jet after this tour are pretty good. I just know I'll be about 100mi from the Alps and 165mi from Milan, Italy and seeing as much as I can while we're there. That second baby may have to wait a few more years...

No comments: