Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Jay's on his way home!

Yay! Jay finished his last check-ride today and is on his way home! I tried to clean the house after I called him and found out he was in Tucson already (was he trying to surprise me?) but I got distracted by some Robyn on my ipod and began dancing around the living room with Pippa. She loved it until I spun her around one time too many and decided she had had enough. So I put her down for a nap with the intention of cleaning and doing laundry once I did, but... it didn't happen. I was too pooped after our dance party.

All day I've come up with excuses to not clean. I baked 2 loaves of honey wheat bread, then made 2 flaky pie crusts (HUGE pain in the arse, btw), then dumped some cleaning treatment in the garbage disposal (does that count as housework?), then made chicken pot pies in individual ramekins with the pie crusts I had made. Then it was time to pick up Mia from school and by the time I finished feeding Pippa and dealing with the diaper blow out that followed, then bathing Pippa, then feeding Mia and getting her bathed and in bed, it was too late to clean house! After all, I have to get up at 4am to get ready for work so I've pre-labeled all of Pippa's bottles for tomorrow, got her food ready for tomorrow, and now I need to shower and get in bed before Modern Family comes on so I can go to sleep as soon as it's over! Damn, Mama's busy! I know Jay will have something to say about it but I'll just shove one of my pot pies down his throat and then I think he'll understand why I don't have time to clean house.

And let's not forget I had to write about all of that in this blog before I go shower, so what am I supposed to do? Besides, he won't have anything to do tomorrow since the kids will be at daycare so I think he can do laundry, clean the bathrooms, and then weed the yard. It's his turn anyway.

No comments: