Sunday, August 8, 2010

The things Mia does...

I haven't updated my blog in a while b/c not a whole lot is going on in my life and I'm pretty much bored all the time (you can only play Barbie so many times before you just won't do it anymore). With all that said, if there's a bright spot in my day, it's definitely thanks to Mia. Now that she's more verbal and able to express herself more clearly, Jay and I get a daily dose of comedy.

Case in point, a few days ago Jay and I decided to take Mia for a walk after letting her play on the playground for a while. We were walking down the sidewalk and a Korean woman was walking on the sidewalk going the opposite way. As she bent down to smile and say hi to Mia, she scuffed her heel on the ground, and it made a normal scuffing sound. Mia's 3 year old ears apparently did not take the sound to be that of her shoe and Mia pointed at the lady and loudly yelled, "Ewww! She fart!!!" Jay and I were stunned for a moment and as I burst out laughing, Jay tried to be all mature and parent-like and said, "Mia, that's not nice. We don't point at people when they pass gas." All I could hope for was the woman didn't speak English.

That's all I can think of now. I have other stories, but they might sound kinda weird if I try to write them. Good news is, Jay finally got orders and we're moving to Las Vegas next! We're supposed to go in November but Jay really wants Mia and I to go early so we can start looking for a house. It has to be approved and right now we're just waiting to find out if it's approved or not but if it is, we'll be going back in September. I have mixed feelings about going back early b/c that means I'll have to fly alone with Mia AGAIN from S.Korea back to the U.S. and that just sucks. I guess if Jay gets us a flight on Korean Air (super nice) with the individual videos on the headrest, then it'll be okay. But if we get that crappy Northwestern Airlines (those stewardesses were bee-yotches!), then no deal. Either way, when we do get back stateside, we're looking for a big house with a pool in the backyard.

Party at my place!!!


No comments: