Monday, December 29, 2008

Poopsie DooDoo'd on the Bed...Again!






Mia is very adept at quickly undressing from head to toe and throwing off her diaper before Jay and I realize what's happened. It used to happen whenever Mia pee'd or poo'd in her diaper, but now it happens BEFORE she pee's or poo's in the diaper and if Jay and I aren't careful, we have a nasty mess to clean.

It starts with Mia walking around coyly repeating, "pee pee pee pee" or "doo doo doo doo", almost song-like. If Jay and I are being good parents and paying attention to her (which isn't always...) we ask, "Mia, do you need to pee pee?" or "Do you need to go doo doo, Sweetie?" Ninety-eight percent of the time the answer is "nooooo!" (Her voice is so cute and squeaky, I just melt even though I know she's lying.) She then usually bolts for a room (any room), closes the door behind her and is butt naked in whichever room she ran to within a matter of seconds and getting in position to drop a steamin' pile of poo or a stream of pee by the time we catch up to her. It's amazing how fast she moves, but not so amusing when we're too late to intercept a dookie incident on her fluffy rug.

Needless to say, today I had a dookie incident. Mia took a 2 hour nap (yay!!!) and I heard her talking to herself in her room while I was surfing the internet. Knowing she was now awake from her nap, I cheerfully walked into her room to find her butt naked in her crib with her clothes and diaper thrown in the middle of the room. Mia was standing in one corner of her crib pointing to something in the other corner her crib and babbling away about something to me when I heard "doo doo doo" in the midst of her babbles. Quickly I asked, "Do you need to doo doo, Sweetheart?" But even as I was asking the question, my heart was sinking, because she was shaking her head from side to side (as if to say, "no") while pointing inside her crib. Hesitantly, I walked to the edge of her crib and peered inside. Yep, a big steaming pile of poop complete with corn kernels was lying on top of her mattress, while Mia just nodded her head up and down (as if to say, "yep, that's mine").

Oh joy.
At least I didn't step in it like Jay did once while we were at the Lotte Hotel... THAT was funny!

(Mia peeking around the corner while in "time out" for something entirely different...)

No comments: